Luis Benitez (Sr. Product Manager for IBM Connections) had recently published a blog post, announcing the release of IBM Connections 5.5 and IBM Docs 2.0 for on-premise deployment. The software would be available for download from 18 Dec 2015, Friday.
The announcement says there would be over 100 new features available in the new version. Here are the key highlights posted in the blog:
IBM Docs 2.0
- Inline comments are preserved while files are being edited offline (e.g. while on a plane working on a file without connectivity, you can see and reply to comments and your changes will be sync’ed back automatically when you are back in the network)
- New file viewer with high quality previews and the ability to interact with content in view mode (e.g. show/hide columns)
- Auto-publish your file updates and make them available to readers instantly or save file as draft and work with other editors before making the changes available to readers
- Support up to 20 simultaneous editors at the same time
- New API so that you can bring the power of our real-time collaborative editing capabilities to 3rd party file repositories.
- … and more!
IBM Connections 5.5
- Organize your documents, presentations and more into your own nested folder hierarchy in Personal and Community Files
- Brand new file viewer experience which allows you to find the content that you need faster and review it quickly without having to download
- Build powerful team sites specific for your team needs (e.g. HR, Sales, Marketing, etc) with new configuration capabilities such as:
- New community layout
- Responsive apps so you can just drag-n-drop between columns in one motion
- Rename apps based on your audience
- A brand new Rich Content app which you can use for announcements or embedding content from the web
- and much more.. !
- Smart type-ahead search to find what you need instantly
- Enhancements to the rich text editor such as permanent pen, sort table data, and more
- Real-time alerts on your desktop (for HTML5 browsers) to notify you when content needs your attention
- … and more!
IBM will also conduct webcasts to discuss about the new capabilities and to interact with the Product Managers.
Click here to read the blog post from Luis Benitez